Sunday, May 1, 2011

Power to Weight Ratio: Or How a Slimmer Juan Goes Faster Uphill

Before I get all technical on my not so hard-core readers, power to weight ratio is a very simple concept. If you manage to lose weight but still maintain the same strength on the bike, you are bound to go faster uphill and even on the flats. I witnessed this very same concept in action this past Saturday, as my overall average speed increased over an even longer route than the previous two outings. Now, due to the crappy weather we had the past two weekends, I opted for workouts on the trainer and during that time, I lost four pounds. That's right, losing 4 Lbs. can make that much of a difference.

No weight lost this week to report though, all the celebration from Miriam's birthday kept me at 165 Lbs. No regrets,the food was great and I didn't gain any weight back :-)

I leave you with a video of a funny guy pretending to climb one of the most legendary climbs of the Tour de France like a boss. He claims to be a tennis pro, but I can't say it's true because I don't follow tennis at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment