Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekly Update: Weight Loss Right On Track

It hasn't been easy, everyone's metabolism slows down with age and mine is no exception, but the increased physical activity (as in loads of pedaling) along with keeping the same healthy eating habits has paid off. The weight has been coming off on an almost weekly basis and when it stalled right at 165 Lbs. I decided to mix it up with some weight training in the afternoons after work. Well, that seemed to do the trick as my body weight as of this morning is now 160.5 Lbs.

Here's the progression my body weight has followed since early February. I used Garmin Connect to get a nice graph out of the data I had to input manually. The weight on the left is in kilograms, so if you want to convert it to pounds just multiply by 2.2.

Weight Loss Graph

Again, it hasn't been as easy as it looks. I've been going to bed hungry almost every other night and not because I haven't eaten dinner, but just because my metabolism has kicked into high gear and the calories that I put in don't match up with what I'm spending. It is that simple, if you want to lose weight you simply need to use more calories than what you are putting into your body. I wish I could tell you there are shortcuts, but the simple truth is that you have to put in the work, dieting alone only works for so long. You have to make a commitment to a healthy lifestyle, which incorporates exercise into your daily routine. You don't have enough time in the day? Make time for it! Anyway, enough ranting for now.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Juan, with your progress. You did look great last weekend but I couldn't put my finger on it. You may inspire a few of us couch potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Betty!!! You can set up a bike on a trainer on the deck, so while Rusty is sailing you could be riding your bike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Juan!! I need to read this post every morning to inspire me!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete